Friday, March 4, 2011

My Other Life

I went to Italy for the first time three years ago and fell in love.  At the time i just finished my training to become a medical assistant.  I started working at a Pediatric Clinic that I use to go to when i was a small child.  I was only working there four 4 months when I had a once in a life time opportunity to go to Europe.  I was able to get two weeks off.  I was able to go with my second family.  There daughter was studying abroad for one year. We were able to stay with the family that she was living with in Florence.  While there I fell in love with each city and everything my eyes fell upon.  I'm half italian so i'm not sure if it's because it's part of my heritage or not.


 Not only do i enjoy making jewelry I LOVE PHOTOGRAPHY!  I took 4 memory cards 2 GB to 8 GB and took almost 1.000 pictures while I was there for two weeks.  My thought at that time was "I'm I ever going to be able to come back and visit again?"  Also my grandparents parents moved from Italy when they were young to New York. My grandparents have never been, they don't want to fly that far.  I told them they could pay for me to go again if they would like lol!!!

While in Italy we went to Florence, Pisa, Venice, Rome and Cinique Terre.  We stayed the night at all the cities except Pisa.  Also we did so much walking that I wore out my Nike shoes and broke a pair of flip flops! 


I just wanted to share some of my favorite pictures that I took on my trip.  It was hard to pick just a few since I have so many.
My Second Family on Ponte Vecchio Bridge

I'm hold the tower up with one finger!

Inside one of the many churches we went to.  this is the altar area. simply amazing!!!

One of the 5 Towns at Cinque Terre

On hike at Cinque Terre

Riomaggiore

Vatican Museum Entrance Too much to see here!

One of the many items in the Vatican.  The only statue that contains painted eyes, This is very rare!

Rome

Best $1.50 I spent!  Feeding the birds in venice. what a fun experience.!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I found you on Etsy! and now I am a "Follower"
    I wasnt able to post it there because I am not a member.

    I have to tell you that I love your photo's. Looks like to me a trip of a lifetime!

    You can find my Blog here:
    http://headpinwear.blogspot.com/

    I'd be happy if you followed also :)
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete