Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Stepping out into the cooking world

So my husband is wanting me to step out of the same 20 dinners I make for more 'different' food.  I grew up in a house hold where my mom was unable to eat milk products or spicy foods.  That limited out choice of foods and had many of the same meals rotated over and over.  So now that we are married this was one of his requests.  So i told him that he needed to give me some ideas of what 'different' meant.  I love food network and all recipes.com.  I signed up for a membership with all recipes since I'm always on the site.  I love that I can plan a whole month or just a weekend menu, and it gives me a shopping list.  Two things crossed off my list at once, how great is that !!!  So I started this weekend on my two week new and 'different' foods that I have never made for dinner.

On Friday night I made Cajun pasta.  It was good.  I really liked it because it remembered me of my pasta's in Italy.  there is not a lot of sauce but tomatoes so that you can taste the noodles.  I think Roy liked it but next time I might add more spice and tomato paste to make more of a sauce for him. Roy says its a 3 out of 5 and I say 4 out of 5.

On Saturday I made Pasta a Fagioli.  This is an Italian soup and it was fantastic.  I really like making this soup, and it was my first time.  Lots of veggies and  prosciutto the Italian ham. But again I have the habit of making to much and i made 12 servings since i thought we could use it for the next night.  There is still left overs in the fridge.  At least i don't have to make lunches.  Roy states its a 4 out of 5 and 5 out of 5.

Tonight I'm making fiery fish tacos with crunchy corn salsa.  Again Roy loves his taco's and it's a first.  I always make tacos with beef.  also since our honeymoon from Mexico Roy always requested some form of Mexican food lol.

2 comments:

  1. I have a huge problem eating ground beef, so I make chicken tacos now, and they are delicious. Squeezing lime on tacos adds a real Mexican flavor. A couple of easy dinners are chicken quesadillas, and tortilla pizza's. My family loves these. I have a ton of recipes stored in my brain, and I'm willing to share :) I also have a yummy baked ziti recipe since you love Italian pastas ;)

    I think I found your blog through the Etsy Blog Team!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have been trying to stay away from beef but my husband can't live without it. i love ground turkey.

    ReplyDelete